"I have an open house in two weeks and need to put together a campaign". "I needed it to be in the mail weeks ago". "My agency is not meeting my deadlines". "My creative piece is not ready". Sound familiar? Understandably, in a perfect world things would get done on a timely basis. Things unexpectedly come up and you veer off course. The best way to stay the course is to map out a process that fits your needs and schedules. A process map will help you keep track of:
- Meet with List Broker to identify campaign requirements
- List Research; Review Analytics; Back End Analysis
- List Rental; Mail House Agreements; NDA's
- Estimates; LOA; SOW
- Various Meetings
- Review List Broker recommendations for campaign requirements
- List Research completed
- Order lists
- List Rental/Mail House Agreements completed
- Want Date to Mail House; Mail Date(s)
- External element status meetings
- Campaign requirements set
- Lists Ordered
- List files at Service Bureau
- Print and Production deadlines
- Mail Dates that ensure proper delivery of "time sensitive" materials
Project Summaries & Progress Reports
- Periodic reports from all aspects of the project/campaign. These come in the form of brief "stand-up" meetings or email correspondence depending on your organization and needs.
Tasks At hand
- Generally refer to the near-term tasks, such as, what's due this week in order for the project/campaign to stay "on-track".
What does your process map look like?